Holiday in china
China situated in Eastern Asia, bounded by Pacific in the east is third largest country in the world next to Canada and Russia. It is world's most populous country, with a population of over 1.3 billion. The Great Wall, Grand Canal and various other architectural marvels built by Chinese people are regarded as engineering feats in the world. Tourism in china has greatly expanded over last few decades since the beginning of reforms which make China as one of world’s most watched and hottest tourist market. China became the world’s second largest economy in 2010 and it is now playing an important and influential role in global market. Take a flight to China which is adorned with many scenic sites with natural scenery that will take your breath away and make a feast for your eyes. As of 2010, 40 noteworthy Chinese sites were inscribed on UNESCO world heritage site.
Beijing, Shanghai and Xian are three major tourist cities of china that you can’t afford to miss while enjoying holidays in China. There are thousands of attractions that you will appreciate and love in China and you don’t want to miss them while enjoying city breaks in China and it will take months to go through these mind blowing marvels.Some amazing destinations that you can’t afford to miss while enjoying city breaks in China include:
- The Great Wall of China - It is perhaps the greatest tourist attraction in the world and is an awe inspiring feat of ancient defensive architecture. Built along rolling ridges of steep mountains, it offers spectacular views of surroundings and is perhaps one of humankind’s greatest architectural achievements. It is best enjoyed in sections. Some of the more popular visiting sites include Badaling, Mutianyu, Simatai and Huanghuacheng each has its own charm. There is a well-known Chinese saying written on the Great Wall, "He Who Has Not Climbed the Great Wall Is Not a Real Man". It is a scenic spot with a lot of tourists. If you are enjoying holidays in China then do visit The Great wall of China on short city break and it will surely leave you spell bound.
- Yangtze River - Yangtze River or Chang Jiang is longest river in Asia and third longest in the world. It flows for 6,397 km from Tanggula Mountain in Qinghai Tibetan Plateau before emptying into the East China Sea at shanghai. It flow throw 13 provinces and has the widest variety of outstanding tourist attractions, breathtaking scenery and culture that holds several world records.
- The Bund - The Bund also called Zhongshan Dong Yi Lu is a famous waterfront and is regarded as symbol of Shanghai for hundreds of years. The Bund extends from Jinling road in south to Waibaidu Bridge over Suzhou Creek in the north and on the western bank of Huangpu River, which is a tributary of Yangtze River is a must visit on weekend breaks in China. A 771-metre long retaining wall for flood control was built in Bund, paved with colorful tiles and dotted with flower beds and European-style garden lights. Every morning people come here to take exercises and every evening people come here to appreciate the excellent view with their lovers. The Bund of Shanghai always shows the cheering changes of Shanghai.
- Victoria Harbour - Victoria Harbour is a harbour between the Kowloon Peninsula and Hong Kong island of Hong Kong China. It is distinctive because it is naturally beautiful and architecturally outstanding. Four of twenty tallest buildings in the world rise in a concentrated area around the harbour together which is almost of same height. The city is known to have world’s largest skyline. Both sides of Victoria Harbour have interesting tourist attractions and the city itself is one of the world’s biggest tourist attractions for millions of people who visit Hong Kong.
- Yellow Mountains - The yellow mountains is called Huangshan by Chinese is one of the most famous and beautiful mountain in China. It is enlisted as a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1990 and is a great reservoir of abundant resources and great variety of zoological species that allure the visitors. Located in the eastern province of Anhui, it is a convenient train or bus ride from urban centers like Hangzhou and Shanghai and is a perfect gateway for visitors who want to explore china’s natural beauty. Yellow Mountain is actually an entire range of mountains and valleys, sure to impress the dedicated outdoor tourists who are in search of China’s best mountain ranges.