Holiday in latvia
It might come as a surprise to you that the tourism industry has been gaining an edge over the past 15 years as more and more people are beginning their journey to a country that gained independence from what was Soviet Union once. Recognized as a very beautiful country, it has loads of charm that it takes a great sense of pride when it comes to exerting a pull on the vacationers that seek Latvia City Breaks just to let themselves loose in this European nation.
It can be truly regarded as a land that is brimming with stimulation and adventure that are just perfect to take your breath away. For several years, Latvia has persevered as a growing tourist destination that has been filling a hope in the individuals to take cheap flights to Latvia.
Latvia is soaked in picturesque scenery that reflects a magical touch and indeed, it is a great destination to be explored throughout the year. It secretes magic especially during the summer time. When the summer season is on its prowl, the European nation offers very long days that people utilize in partying on sand-kissed beaches, hiking across the lush forests and taking a swim in the Baltic Sea.
Grab an opportunity to kick up your heels in one of the summer festivals in Latvia. Have you ever heard about the Jani festival? When this festival hits the town, you can visit the flea markets and take delight in bonfires. With so much to do, it’s right time for you to grab a city break to Latvia. Another festival is the Cesis festival, which is another summer festival held in the month of August in Cesis. In order to honour the ancient heritage of the town, you would simply be amazed with the shows that feature medieval knights.
- Dome Cathedral – Constructed in 1211, Dome Cathedral is the largest church in the Baltic region. The cathedral’s organ has nearly 7,000 pipes is something that you cannot afford to miss.
- Cesis Castle – Undoubtedly, it is one of the incredible castles in Latvia. It was erected in the 13th century by the order of Livonian brothers. You can seek short breaks to witness such a splendid fortress.
- Ventas Rapid – It is the widest waterfall in Europe. It is more often referred to as a rapid. You can pay a visit to this natural marvel by walking through a brick bridge from the centre of the city.
- Turaida Castle – Grab Latvia City Breaks to explore this Turaida Castle which is a striking medieval fortress located on the Gauja river bank. It was a significant castle during the Middle Ages and has extensively been under various reigns.
- The Cat House – It is a fabulous building that is located in the Old Town of Riga. It depicts a blend between medieval architectural elements and some of Art Nouveau.