Holiday in poland
Poland is a large central European country located on South of Baltic Sea bordered on west by the River Order while River Vistula running through the center of the country. The roots of country go back to the turn of first millennium leaving a great history of thousand years of twists and turns and kings and castles to explore. With population of over 38.5 million an abundance and variety of nature, historical monuments, respect for its traditions and hospitality are some of the elements which make Poland an exciting and interesting destination to visit on holidays. So book cheap flights to Poland and visit this exciting country of Europe.
The Polish landscape is diversified and magically beautiful. If seen from centre, the flat Mazovia region offers hidden riches within its forests. Water can be found in abundance in the plains of Eastern Poland while the north of the country is dominated by sand which is fine , clean and even more beautiful than Mediterranean. Between the Baltic coast and the rest of the country is belt of lakes which is truly a legacy from the glaciers. The south of Poland is bordered by a belt of mountains that include beautiful mountain ranges of Carpathians and Tatras etc. With all this natural abundance who could deny that Poland is a land flowing with riches and is a must visit destination of Europe.
The fascinating thing about Poland is its eventful history and its central location in Europe. The country is a great melting pot of various religions and authorities of many nations that have contributed with its material and spiritual culture. Various cities of Poland are major attraction among visitors to enjoy short breaks in Poland as these cities possesses a wealth of historical monuments, host to prominent artists and offer variety of cultural events and act as a appealing stopover for travllers, businessmen on their way to other parts of Europe.Some of must see attractions while enjoying city breaks in Poland include:
- The Auschwitz - The Auschwitz concentration camp was established in April 1940 on outskirts of Oswiecim. Originally intended for Polish political prisoners, the camp was repurposed as a dedicated center for examination of Jews of Europe. It included three main camps, all of which deployed incarcerated prisoners at forced labor. It is now estimated that in total this death factory eliminated about 1.6 million people of several nationalities. Some 13 out of its 30 surviving prison blocks now house museum exhibitions either general or dedicated to the victims of particular countries or races that lost its citizens to Auschwitz.
- Tatra Mountains - It is the highest mountain range between the Alps and Caucasus. It is indeed a beautiful landscape of Poland where rocky peaks covered with snow, sharp and rugged ridges, picture perfect ponds, waterfalls and valleys make it a most desired destination to visit on weekend breaks in Poland. Its 250 km long trails and wide range of slopes would satisfy the most demanding hikers and skiers. The Tatras Mountain also provides shelter to exotic flora and fauna of the region and is on the UNESCO biosphere list.
- Masurian Lakes - It is a picturesque lake of reputedly 3,000 lakes. It is a best holiday destination for sailing fans, fishermen, hiker’s cyclists and for those who seek tranquility. Apart from the water sports visitors can also explore multitude of historical places such as Reszel, Nidzica and Gizycko .An amazing church of Swieta Lipka and Hitler’s wartime headquarters in the forests near Ketrzyn are worthy of a visit.
- Bieszczady Mountains - Bieszczady Mountains is indeed a paradise especially for romantic travellers and restless drifters. Its soft green mountains are sprinkled with traditional wooden churches makes it one of the secluded areas in Europe. Tarnica is the highest peak of Bieszczady mountains while Zakopane is the biggest tourist resort that allures visitors from far off places. The mountains of Bieszczady look more beautiful during summer and autumn and during winters they invite the fans of skiing.
- Krakow (Cracow) - For over thousands of years, Krakow has been the center of science, culture and art in Poland. The former capital of country is one of the top attractions in Europe. It makes its guests spellbound with its magical atmosphere and splendid architecture that include mediaeval cathedrals, the Renaissance Castle, Baroque Churches along with various pubs, bars, clubs and restaurants. Krakow sparkles with life , especially during warm seasons.